During these unprecedented times, things can be difficult and it can be expected that we might struggle. Students and families in need are reminded that there are a number of supports available right here in Haliburton County. Here are a few providers and their contact information:
- If you are over 16 years of age and need immediate crisis support, contact the Four Counties Crisis 24-hour, free, confidential Crisis Line at 1-866-995-9933 or 705-745-6484.
- If you are under 18 years of age, and need support Monday to Friday, from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, contact Point in Time at 705-457-5345 and press 8 – wait a minute while your call is connected to a live voice.
- If you are under 18 years of age, and need support outside regular business hours, contact Kids Help Phone by calling 1-800-668-6868, or by texting CONNECT to 686868.
- Safespot (safespot.ca) is a completely anonymous place for youth to get information and ask questions about mental health. Anyone can start a chat from anywhere and talk about anything. It’s a safe space and always confidential.
- HHHS – Mental Health Services continue to provide services and support to anyone over 16 years of age in our local community. Contact them by calling 705-286-4575 or texting 705-455-7453, Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Services include crisis intervention, counselling and treatment, Intensive Case Management, Early Intervention (14-35 years), support within housing, and skill & housing retention.
- Point in Time Centre for Children, Youth, and Parents continues to provide support to anyone under 18 years of age. Contact them at 705-457-5345 and press 8 – wait a minute while your call is connected to a live voice, Monday to Friday, from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM . Services include crisis support, quick access clinics, ongoing service and support for people who have not accessed Point in Time services before.
- The Haliburton County Youth Wellness Hub can be contacted at 705-306-5199 (text or call), Monday to Friday, from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. If you are a youth in need of a phone card or the use of a refurbished cell phone during this crisis, call the main Point in Time number or text the Youth Hub as there is a limited supply available for distribution.
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge is providing many of their services in alternative formats. Call 1-888-454-8875 for any inquiries.